Join the rapidly growing, high impact, heart-led collection of anthologies, The SHE Series.
She knows the pain all too well. She also knows the power of putting one foot in front of the other.
And so, She Moves Forward.Apply Now!
A collection of real life stories from women sharing the hard truth of trauma and loss and how they moved forward with hope and inspiration.
You remember the moment you realized you couldn't stay in this space anymore. The pain. The fear. The anger. The sadness.
You knew you couldn't continue to live in the darkness, but you had no idea how to get out
- You worried that moving forward, somehow minimized the reality of your experience
- You felt like the pain of your experience would eat you alive.
- You truly wanted to give yourself permission to feel joy, to laugh & to love.
- You didn't want to keep resenting others for feeling happy, safe & loved
- You knew that living from a place of pain would eventually be your demise
And so one day you simply decided. You chose to begin your healing process. You removed the veil of your agony to let the light in. You moved forward.
You look back on that version of yourself with love and compassion for the way you allowed yourself to live your life, ruled by your pain.
So many women hold onto their pain for fear of letting go of their loved one.
So many women are gripped by their grief and can't see a path forward.
So many women rob themselves of a life of joy because they don't believe they deserve it.
So many women avoid love, for fear of losing it again.
They continue to see and experience what they continue to believe...
We need more women to rise.
We need more women to lead.
We need more women to feel strong.
We need more women living life.
We need more women letting love into their worlds.
YOUR STORY is what she needs to show her it's all possible for her, too.
Meet Your Lead author, Sarah Ozmond!
Sarah Ozmond is an Ontario based, recently published author, in a dynamic collaboration with a number of inspiring women. In She is Strong and Free III, Sarah shares her story of grief and discovery around the loss of her partner, almost 5 years ago. When she is not busy pouring maple syrup on something or daydreaming about her marriage to Keanu Reeves, Sarah is focused on writing to reach people on a similar journey…people who are looking for hope on the other side of loss or trauma. Get to know Sarah and her unfiltered opinions on her blog .
Becoming an author in She Moves Forward is YOUR chance to show every woman what’s possible.
It’s your opportunity to show that there is hope. That the journey is worth it, every step of the way.
We Do the Heavy Lifting, So You Can Let Your Story Flow
GCW Publishing House handles the formatting, design, ISBN set-up, Amazon registration, typesetting, editing, printing, marketing & PR support, and more (WHEW!)...
Your focus is on the 4,000 words that no one can share but you.
Did we mention there’s *almost* no end to our support and guidance?
When we say we bring you to and through the finish line of becoming an author—we mean it.
Here’s E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you get when signing on...
- 60-Minute group ‘author call’ to establish direction of book and timelines
- Weekly lead author developmental writing support and coaching
- Technical editing upon completion
- Your headshot, bio, and acknowledgments included
- 4,000 words of writing space
- Typesetting and cover design
- ISBN registration
- Amazon book registration and set-up
- Online availability set-up through Chapters Indigo and Barnes & Noble
- Physical production and printing of books
- Public relations workshop, customized to The Great Canadian Woman by Niki inc. PR Firm
- Personalized online digital marketing package with 3D book images
- 14-day pre-sale campaign to drive profitability for you as an author
- One-day Amazon book launch rally
- 100% author profit on private book sales
- 2% royalties on all books sold on Amazon, Chapters Indigo & barnes & Noble
You get all books AT COST to resell for full profit margins AND 2% royalties on ALL Amazon, Chapters Indigo & barnes & Noble sales! (HELLO, additional stream of income!)
And if that wasn't sweet enough, all of your tools for success are accessible in your new Author Hub! Check it out!
ALL for a ONE-TIME investment of $2,997.
Need a payment plan? We’ve got you covered there, too. Take up to 6 months to pay!Yes! I'm all in!
When I first considered writing with GCW Publishing, I was terrified to write my story. I felt like it had no value to anyone, and that I would just be judged for my past. When I finally hit submit, I felt like barfing.
I had no idea that my story would impact hundreds. Literally hundreds of people thanked me. They told me they finally felt understood, that it was like I was writing their story. Those comments opened up a new world for me. I let go of all my old insecurities about sharing and being vulnerable and now I can’t even remember what it felt like to be scared of my own story.
Koa Hughes - Author, Digital Creator & Mental Health Advocate
Why Join Our Publishing House?
As if ALL of the above isn’t enough, we happen to know a thing or two about publishing… and MAKING IT PROFITABLE.
- The GCW podcasts have been downloaded in 100+ countries
- Our content is read + listened to in all 10 provinces and 3 territories in Canada.
- Our first podcast ever launched saw the top 20 in Canada and over 70k downloads.
- Our first podcast was recognized by Apple Podcasts on International Women's Day 2019 and featured in the Inspiring Women category.
- We've sold 2,500+ copies of our first two books in series.
- We have 20,000+ website visits since re-launch September 2020.
- Canadian women have made over $30,000 through their book sales with GCW!
- GCW Publishing House has been the catalyst for authors to go from silence to sharing their stories, discovering their strengths and opening the door wide for an abundance of opportunities.
Two years ago I was presented with the opportunity to contribute to the book “The Great Canadian Woman, She is Strong and Free” as a collaborative author, sharing my story of survival and healing after the murder of my 20 year old son. I suspected that sharing my experience may be of value to another grieving mother but I hadn’t considered how incredibly cathartic and healing it would be for ME! As I made my way through complex thoughts, feelings and emotions, I could see meaningful sentences and paragraphs start to form and in no time “my” chapter was born. It’s like the paper was a sacred “dumping” place for my pain and as peace prevailed it became clear to me how far I had come in my healing. An incredible experience! I would strongly recommend anyone who is hearing “the whisper” to share their story, to please be brave and step forward. Your words will be medicine for someone else, but also know the writing process is extremely cathartic and healing for your own soul. Your story matters. Your words matter. Your experience and perspective matters! Give yourself and others the gift of becoming a published author with The GCW Publishing House!
Brenda Wiese - Author, The Great Canadian Woman - She s Strong and Free Volume I
Sarah Swain and The GCW Publishing House platform inspires womxn to stand in their truth. Sarah helped me believe in myself again and take action on my dreams of becoming an entrepreneur. If you’re looking for a supportive space that you can be your authentic self, The GCW Publishing House community is for you!
Zongwe Binesikwe, Sounding Thunderbird Woman - Author, Speaker, Artist
Why Collaborate In a Volume With Other Women?
Because a community of women speaking their truths is a true force to be reckoned with. PLUS...
- You can dip your toes in the pool of authorship (4k words), rather than diving all the way into a traditional book… approx. 90k words (WHOA!)
- Collaboration = reduced publishing and marketing costs. AKA saving approximately 75%.... not to mention the headaches of figuring it out alone.
- Your chapter is in good company amongst the other authors.
- You can rally together to support and celebrate one another as the writing process finishes and the marketing begins!
- And um, yea, again… because a book full of kick-ass women sharing their stories of overcoming the hardest, darkest, most isolating moments of their journeys is POWERFUL.