Join the rapidly growing, high impact, heart-led collection of anthologies, The SHE Series.
You KNOW she is creative. Because you found the path to creative freedom through your unique experiences
It's time to share your story so she knows it's possible for her, too.Apply Now!
A collection of real life stories of women who learned to break free from creative limitations to embrace the journey and unleash their own creative freedom
There was a period of time in your life that you felt limited & blocked in your creative abilities
You were always told that if you became an artist you would be 'starving'
You held back on your love of being creative for fear of society's views of artists
You were told at a young age that your creative side wasn't 'good enough'
- You always thought your artistry was just a hobby
- You blocked the joy that your creative outlet brought to your life because it wasn't "socially acceptable"
- You never fully let yourself explore your creative side, because you didn't identify as being a creative person
And yet you broke free from these stories and now live a more fulfilling and creative life. This is your story.
You look back on your past and feel so excited that you found your way back to your creative freedom
So many women keep their creative talents buried from the world.
So many women are scared of the judgment that comes with declaring their artistry out loud.
They allow societal limitations to harm their creative mindset, blocking them from utilizing their own passions and abilities to find deeper connections and inspiration in the world.
We need more women who have stepped fully into their creative talents
Who are living every day of their life to the fullest.
Who are expanding their creative mindset and growing creatively while also growing as individuals!
Who are here and willing to share their struggles, their experiences, and their gifts with the next generation
YOUR STORY is your legacy and it is what SHE needs to show her it's all possible for her, too.
Meet Your Lead author, Rebekah Mersereau!
Rebekah is an Inclusive Community Art Instructor, Mother, Author and Creative.
She grew up being encouraged to pursue creativity and the arts. When Rebekah graduated high school, she immediately started selling her artwork in her town. Although she lived and thrived in creativity and the arts, there were still so many limitations holding her back, beliefs that got ingrained in childhood and continued into adulthood. These beliefs held her back in her passion and creative release, to a point where, when she wanted to start her own Inclusive Community Art Class business, it almost stopped her in her tracks.
Realizing that if SHE could feel limited this much, others must too she devoted her time to breaking free from her creative limitations so that she could help inspire others to find their Creative Freedom too.
Rebekah now helps other Canadian’s become Inclusive Community Art Instructors for their local communities through her online certification course, Connections through Creativity. She is a published Author in She is Strong and Free II. She has a 4-year-old son and is currently pregnant with her second child.
Becoming an author in She Is Creative is YOUR chance to show every woman what’s possible.
It’s your opportunity to show that there is hope. That the journey is worth it, every step of the way.
We Do the Heavy Lifting, So You Can Let Your Story Flow
GCW Publishing House handles the formatting, design, ISBN set-up, Amazon registration, typesetting, editing, printing, marketing & PR support, and more (WHEW!)...
Your focus is on the 4,000 words that no one can share but you.
Did we mention there’s *almost* no end to our support and guidance?
When we say we bring you to and through the finish line of becoming an author—we mean it.
Here’s E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you get when signing on...
- 60-Minute group ‘author call’ to establish direction of book and timelines
- Weekly lead author developmental writing support and coaching
- Technical editing upon completion
- Your headshot, bio, and acknowledgments included
- 4,000 words of writing space
- Typesetting and cover design
- ISBN registration
- Amazon book registration and set-up
- Online availability set-up through Chapters Indigo and Barnes & Noble
- Physical production and printing of books
- Public relations workshop, customized to The Great Canadian Woman by Niki inc. PR Firm
- Personalized online digital marketing package with 3D book images
- 14-day pre-sale campaign to drive profitability for you as an author
- One-day Amazon book launch rally
- 100% author profit on private book sales
- 2% royalties on all books sold on Amazon, Chapters Indigo & barnes & Noble
You get all books AT COST to resell for full profit margins AND 2% royalties on ALL Amazon, Chapters Indigo & barnes & Noble sales! (HELLO, additional stream of income!)
And if that wasn't sweet enough, all of your tools for success are accessible in your new Author Hub! Check it out!
ALL for a ONE-TIME investment of $2,997.
Need a payment plan? We’ve got you covered there, too. Take up to 6 months to pay!Yes! I'm all in!
When I first considered writing with GCW Publishing, I was terrified to write my story. I felt like it had no value to anyone, and that I would just be judged for my past. When I finally hit submit, I felt like barfing.
I had no idea that my story would impact hundreds. Literally hundreds of people thanked me. They told me they finally felt understood, that it was like I was writing their story. Those comments opened up a new world for me. I let go of all my old insecurities about sharing and being vulnerable and now I can’t even remember what it felt like to be scared of my own story.
Koa Hughes - Author, Digital Creator & Mental Health Advocate
Why Join Our Publishing House?
As if ALL of the above isn’t enough, we happen to know a thing or two about publishing… and MAKING IT PROFITABLE.
- The GCW podcasts have been downloaded in 100+ countries
- Our content is read + listened to in all 10 provinces and 3 territories in Canada.
- Our first podcast ever launched saw the top 20 in Canada and over 70k downloads.
- Our first podcast was recognized by Apple Podcasts on International Women's Day 2019 and featured in the Inspiring Women category.
- We've sold 2,500+ copies of our first two books in series.
- We have 20,000+ website visits since re-launch September 2020.
- Canadian women have made over $30,000 through their book sales with GCW!
- GCW Publishing House has been the catalyst for authors to go from silence to sharing their stories, discovering their strengths and opening the door wide for an abundance of opportunities.
Two years ago I was presented with the opportunity to contribute to the book “The Great Canadian Woman, She is Strong and Free” as a collaborative author, sharing my story of survival and healing after the murder of my 20 year old son. I suspected that sharing my experience may be of value to another grieving mother but I hadn’t considered how incredibly cathartic and healing it would be for ME! As I made my way through complex thoughts, feelings and emotions, I could see meaningful sentences and paragraphs start to form and in no time “my” chapter was born. It’s like the paper was a sacred “dumping” place for my pain and as peace prevailed it became clear to me how far I had come in my healing. An incredible experience! I would strongly recommend anyone who is hearing “the whisper” to share their story, to please be brave and step forward. Your words will be medicine for someone else, but also know the writing process is extremely cathartic and healing for your own soul. Your story matters. Your words matter. Your experience and perspective matters! Give yourself and others the gift of becoming a published author with The GCW Publishing House!
Brenda Wiese - Author, The Great Canadian Woman - She s Strong and Free Volume I
Sarah Swain and The GCW Publishing House platform inspires womxn to stand in their truth. Sarah helped me believe in myself again and take action on my dreams of becoming an entrepreneur. If you’re looking for a supportive space that you can be your authentic self, The GCW Publishing House community is for you!
Zongwe Binesikwe, Sounding Thunderbird Woman - Author, Speaker, Artist
Why Collaborate In a Volume With Other Women?
Because a community of women speaking their truths is a true force to be reckoned with. PLUS...
- You can dip your toes in the pool of authorship (4k words), rather than diving all the way into a traditional book… approx. 90k words (WHOA!)
- Collaboration = reduced publishing and marketing costs. AKA saving approximately 75%.... not to mention the headaches of figuring it out alone.
- Your chapter is in good company amongst the other authors.
- You can rally together to support and celebrate one another as the writing process finishes and the marketing begins!
- And um, yea, again… because a book full of kick-ass women sharing their stories of overcoming the hardest, darkest, most isolating moments of their journeys is POWERFUL.