Join the rapidly growing, high impact, heart-led collection of anthologies, The SHE Series.
You KNOW she is ageless. Because you are living life to the fullest without letting your age stop you.
It's time to share your story so she knows it's possible for her, too.Apply Now!
A collection of real life stories from women wise beyond measure who chose not to hang on to their youth or sit idly by as time passes. Despite personal traumas and societal attitudes towards ageing, they share inspiring stories of living life to it's fullest and becoming the person they have always wanted to be.
There was a period of time in your life that you felt like your age was holding you back from achieving your dreams.
Do you resonate with any of these?
You were stuck in a job you were no longer passionate about and wondered how you could start over at this stage of your life
Your marriage ended and you worried you would never feel safe to love again
You happily gave years of your life to raising your kids, but now that they've grown, you find yourself asking 'what is my purpose?'
- You wondered how your life ended up this way, so different from how you had dreamed it would be
- You lost yourself over the years and just want to reconnect with who are and what you want from life
And yet you experienced the greatest journey as you found the courage to rediscover yourself and live life to it's fullest. This is your story.
You look back on all of your life experiences and feel so proud of how you never let your age stop you from doing anything you wanted!
So many women stay stuck based on societies opinions about age.
So many women play it safe based on the worlds judgmental eye
They stop reaching for more, dreaming new dreams, & setting new goals, because they are told they are "too old for that"
We need more women who are not going to let their age stop them
Who are living every day of their life to the fullest.
Who are setting new goals and crushing them at any age!
Who are here and willing to share their struggles, their experiences and their life lessons with the next generation
YOUR STORY is your legacy and it what she needs to show her it's all possible for her, too.
Meet Your Lead author, Karen Hagen!
Karen Borwick-Hagen was born and raised in rural Alberta, the youngest of 6 kids, her childhood was one of wheat fields and wide-open prairies.
Survival and strength were 2 attributes that kept Karen going through the death of both parents at the young age of 22 and to leave a physically and emotionally abusive relationship at the same time.
Moving to Calgary, finding love and a successful career in the financial industry was the happiness Karen thought she had always wanted, but something else was missing…
At the age of 40 Karen had her dreams come true when her son was born, it was a long-awaited miracle when he came into the world and not wanting to miss a moment Karen left her career to be a stay-at-home Mom.
At the age of 45 Karen turned her lifelong passion of fitness into a career by going back to school and studying to be a Fitness Coach. Karen has been running her own successful fitness company Yours in Fitness and Health for the past 10 years, transforming and expanding her business to include online fitness this past year. Karen specializes in women over 40, 50, 60 and older that want to live a healthy life with no restrictions.
Nothing is off limits when it comes to self-improvement for Karen. Continuously increasing her knowledge in the fitness world, practicing and teaching for a healthy mind, body and soul and writing for the Great Canadian Woman.
Karen is Ageless
Becoming an author in She Is Ageless is YOUR chance to show every woman what’s possible.
It’s your opportunity to show that there is hope. That the journey is worth it, every step of the way.
We Do the Heavy Lifting, So You Can Let Your Story Flow
GCW Publishing House handles the formatting, design, ISBN set-up, Amazon registration, typesetting, editing, printing, marketing & PR support, and more (WHEW!)...
Your focus is on the 4,000 words that no one can share but you.
Did we mention there’s *almost* no end to our support and guidance?
When we say we bring you to and through the finish line of becoming an author—we mean it.
Here’s E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you get when signing on...
- 60-Minute group ‘author call’ to establish direction of book and timelines
- Weekly lead author developmental writing support and coaching
- Technical editing upon completion
- Your headshot, bio, and acknowledgments included
- 4,000 words of writing space
- Typesetting and cover design
- ISBN registration
- Amazon book registration and set-up
- Online availability set-up through Chapters Indigo and Barnes & Noble
- Physical production and printing of books
- Public relations workshop, customized to The Great Canadian Woman by Niki inc. PR Firm
- Personalized online digital marketing package with 3D book images
- 14-day pre-sale campaign to drive profitability for you as an author
- One-day Amazon book launch rally
- 100% author profit on private book sales
- 2% royalties on all books sold on Amazon, Chapters Indigo & barnes & Noble
You get all books AT COST to resell for full profit margins AND 2% royalties on ALL Amazon, Chapters Indigo & barnes & Noble sales! (HELLO, additional stream of income!)
And if that wasn't sweet enough, all of your tools for success are accessible in your new Author Hub! Check it out!
ALL for a ONE-TIME investment of $2,997.
Need a payment plan? We’ve got you covered there, too. Take up to 6 months to pay!Yes! I'm all in!
When I first considered writing with GCW Publishing, I was terrified to write my story. I felt like it had no value to anyone, and that I would just be judged for my past. When I finally hit submit, I felt like barfing.
I had no idea that my story would impact hundreds. Literally hundreds of people thanked me. They told me they finally felt understood, that it was like I was writing their story. Those comments opened up a new world for me. I let go of all my old insecurities about sharing and being vulnerable and now I can’t even remember what it felt like to be scared of my own story.
Koa Hughes - Author, Digital Creator & Mental Health Advocate
Why Join Our Publishing House?
As if ALL of the above isn’t enough, we happen to know a thing or two about publishing… and MAKING IT PROFITABLE.
- The GCW podcasts have been downloaded in 100+ countries
- Our content is read + listened to in all 10 provinces and 3 territories in Canada.
- Our first podcast ever launched saw the top 20 in Canada and over 70k downloads.
- Our first podcast was recognized by Apple Podcasts on International Women's Day 2019 and featured in the Inspiring Women category.
- We've sold 2,500+ copies of our first two books in series.
- We have 20,000+ website visits since re-launch September 2020.
- Canadian women have made over $30,000 through their book sales with GCW!
- GCW Publishing House has been the catalyst for authors to go from silence to sharing their stories, discovering their strengths and opening the door wide for an abundance of opportunities.
Two years ago I was presented with the opportunity to contribute to the book “The Great Canadian Woman, She is Strong and Free” as a collaborative author, sharing my story of survival and healing after the murder of my 20 year old son. I suspected that sharing my experience may be of value to another grieving mother but I hadn’t considered how incredibly cathartic and healing it would be for ME! As I made my way through complex thoughts, feelings and emotions, I could see meaningful sentences and paragraphs start to form and in no time “my” chapter was born. It’s like the paper was a sacred “dumping” place for my pain and as peace prevailed it became clear to me how far I had come in my healing. An incredible experience! I would strongly recommend anyone who is hearing “the whisper” to share their story, to please be brave and step forward. Your words will be medicine for someone else, but also know the writing process is extremely cathartic and healing for your own soul. Your story matters. Your words matter. Your experience and perspective matters! Give yourself and others the gift of becoming a published author with The GCW Publishing House!
Brenda Wiese - Author, The Great Canadian Woman - She s Strong and Free Volume I
Sarah Swain and The GCW Publishing House platform inspires womxn to stand in their truth. Sarah helped me believe in myself again and take action on my dreams of becoming an entrepreneur. If you’re looking for a supportive space that you can be your authentic self, The GCW Publishing House community is for you!
Zongwe Binesikwe, Sounding Thunderbird Woman - Author, Speaker, Artist
Why Collaborate In a Volume With Other Women?
Because a community of women speaking their truths is a true force to be reckoned with. PLUS...
- You can dip your toes in the pool of authorship (4k words), rather than diving all the way into a traditional book… approx. 90k words (WHOA!)
- Collaboration = reduced publishing and marketing costs. AKA saving approximately 75%.... not to mention the headaches of figuring it out alone.
- Your chapter is in good company amongst the other authors.
- You can rally together to support and celebrate one another as the writing process finishes and the marketing begins!
- And um, yea, again… because a book full of kick-ass women sharing their stories of overcoming the hardest, darkest, most isolating moments of their journeys is POWERFUL.